Thursday, July 5, 2012

Social Media

I was thinking about how communication has changed so drastically over the last 20-odd years. I was seeing some of the things that the younger kids post on Facebook and thought, “Really? You’re posting that???” Then I got all upset thinking they shouldn’t be doing those things, yaddy, yaddy – old person thoughts! Then I remembered that I DID those things, and probably worse, but here’s the BIG difference – I didn’t tell the world (or my mother) about them. I did them, I got caught once in a while, but I didn’t tell the world. Or even my little part of the world.
So, I guess the motto today is this: Do it, don’t get caught and don’t tell the world!!!!

Blessed Be.

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly. Plus, if Mom ever found out, she'd kick our asses from here "to Kingdom Come"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps that is the problem today, there are no consequences for spewing your indiscretions.. Which is really a shame, as just what is left to gloat about or reminisce about when you do get older,
    And Yes if you did even 1/2 of some of the stuff these kids today do and I KNEW about it I would have really had a fit!!!!

    ReplyDelete