Sunday, July 8, 2012

Freedom of CHOICE.....

I realize that the topic I chose today is a very touchy and very personal topic. So, please note that I am writing what my personal opinions are – not what I think everyone else should think. I’m a firm believer that everyone should investigate a topic and come to their own conclusion.
Abortion is an extremely personal topic. It is something that should never be taken lightly, weather discussing or deciding on a course of action. I don’t want to get into the political, religious or cultural ideas of the subject.
Look around you – how many parents do you see where you say to yourself, “That person should never have had children!” Take that number and (in my opinion, conservatively) multiply that by three. If women did not have the option of abortion – then we would have that many more children that are being neglected or abused. On September 30th, 2010 there were 408,425 children in foster care in the US. (Foster Care Statistics, 2010 – Child Welfare Information Gateway Children’s Bureau/ACYF).
I disagree with abortion as a birth control – but I whole heartedly agree that it should also be a woman’s choice. If that choice is taken away, then how many more children will end up in our over worked, underfunded system? We need to spend more time and money trying to take care of the children that need our help now.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that women should have a choice. What I don't agree with is the tax payers having to fund abortions. Since there have been women, there have been abortions...it is just recently that our Gov't has been footing the bill for a lot of them. It's my opinion that Planned Parenthood should not get one more penny from our Gov't. people that agree and support what they do, can send $ to them like any other charity. I also wish young people would be taught responsibility when VERY young, then maybe there wouldn't be as many abused children.

    ReplyDelete