Friday, December 7, 2012

Serious Crazy New Beginings!!!!

Wow! I can't even express my overwhelming appreciation for, well, everything & everyone!!! I knew my friends & family were awesome, but these last few weeks have shown me a side of everyone that brings tears to my eyes!!

Don'Shel is asleep in the room next door, and I realized today how amazing she is! She is afraid of cats, but we talked and I showed her a book on cat behavior, she read the book (mostly) and is showing a real interest in learning & overcoming her fear.

She was very helpful with packing and loves to play the jokester.

Moving tomorrow is scary & sad, yet exciting & fun. She will miss her friends & her foster family, but is happy to be in her forever family. All normal stuff!!

It won't be long before she starts to really show her "true" self, and when that happens I will know she is comfortable!!!

So many people have offered help and support! When I started this, it was the most logical way for me to "have" a child. I didn't really think of it as anything special. After the way so many people have responded, it makes me pause and really THINK! It started as a selfish "I want a kid" thing and has morfed into a "I want to give THIS kid a real loving home!"

I realize that this isn't going to be sll sunshine and rainbows, but won't the immense positives outweigh the silly little negatives???

I think that is what life is all about!

Blessed be!

2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously wishing the best for both of you. It has to be a little scary. Just remember...neither of you can read each other's mind, so communication is of the upmost importance. Encourage her to share her feelings and let her know yours too. It will go a long way. I hope you chose the mother/guide route rather than the "friend" route. All kids need someone that will keep them on the straight and narrow. Whatever you do, good luck. Love, Novella

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS a pretty cool kid & I think she took to our family (despite the chaos!)quite well, especially D! I think she's going to fit in just fine once the dust settles.

    ReplyDelete