Friday, May 24, 2013

Another New Chapter

I decided that if I could be a 40-something year old single woman that had no desire to have children that changed her mind in a blink of an eye, and then adopted an 8 year old girl from the foster system, then meet each challenge we encounter head on each and every day, then I can move on to another chapter.

Although I will always be ‘in’ the child rearing chapter, it’s time to challenge myself even more. So, I decided to enroll in college. I have enrolled in a 4 year BS in Business Analysis and Management. It will help me in my current position, and allow for advancement. With just a high school diploma, I’ve gotten pretty far in my chosen field, but it is about as far as I can go without a college education.

I have enrolled online at www.thecollegenetwork.com. It is so great! Excellent courses with a very easy navigation. It teaches you everything you need to know about learning. It caters to the three major learning styles, gives you a quiz to find out your learning style, and then lets you choose the best way you learn the curriculum. I never have to leave my house to learn – or even get dressed if I don’t want to!

It is time to prove to myself that I CAN do it. Time to show Grace that SHE can do it and that follow through and completion of what you set out to do is an immense reward in itself, and that I can do anything I set my mind to. Time to work toward advancement in my career. Time to work toward personal growth and empowerment! No more stagnant living!!!

My first class so far is Introduction to Psychology. I chose one that I will absolutely LOVE so I don’t lose my enthusiasm. My second will be College Algebra because I HATE math (which is funny because that IS my job, which I love) and I’m very bad in math (again, funny!). My reward for completing that class will be a class I will really enjoy – Introduction to World Religions!

So, wish me luck! And, every once in a while post a note on FB for me asking how my classes are and what my progress is. Maybe that will encourage me enough not to give up! On top of everything else!

Where was it that I read Capricorn/Sagittarius people bloom late in life? How true is THAT???

Blessed Be!

2 comments: